Thursday

The Frog


A computer programmer happens across a frog on the road. The frog suddenly pipes up, "I'm really a beautiful princess and if you kiss me, I'll hang out with you for a week". The programmer only shrugs his shoulders and puts the frog in his pocket.

A few minutes later, the frog says "OK, OK, if you kiss me, I'll be your girlfriend for a week." The programmer nods but doesn't kiss the frog and instead puts it back in his pocket.

A few minutes later, "Turn me back into a princess and I'll be your girlfriend for a whole year!" The programmer smiles, but still doesn't kiss the frog, and walks on.

Finally, the frog says, "What's wrong with you? I've promised lots of fun with a beautiful princess for a whole year and you won't even kiss me?"

"I'm a programmer," he replies, "I don't have time for girls... but a talking frog is pretty cool."

Moral of the Story: When giving someone an incentive to do something, don't assume that the incentive you decide upon will necessarily appeal to that person.

No comments: